Accepted papers will be published as part of an edited anthology in Autumn 2023. Outline: ‘Corrupted Coasts: A Selected Anthology’
- Aim: To develop historic discussions of littoral people and environments under a ‘New Coastal Historiography’ approach
- Proposed word limit for papers: 4,000 – 6,000 (approx 8 to 12 pages)
- Written language: English
- Historical period: 18th – 19th century
- Geographic setting: Northern Europe
- Key words: Moral Geography, Environmental History, Port Towns, Coastal History, Criminology, Enlightenment, Moral Panics, Industrialisation.